Scottish Company Formation – Company Formation in Scotland
With a comprehensive and accurate business plan and the right knowledge, we can make the company start-up smooth. In order to make business processes simple and quick, it is worth thinking long-term. In addition to choosing the right company form and completing the company incorporation application form, it is also necessary to focus on future mandatory tasks. Corporate management, accounting and financial affairs will also be an important part of our operations.
Not only does our company provide you with assistance in defining your basic start-up policy, but also in closely related rules, minimized tax burdens and costs, and full accounting.
Benefits of Scottish Company Formation:
- There is no need to travel out to start a company
- It can also be established with an EU address
- It can also be started with an identity card
- Any amount of share capital and is not required to deposit up to £ 1000 for a bank account
- You can register in one business day, and you can make invoice the next day
- There is no need for a lawyer or notary to start a company
- There is no separate attorney fee and publication fee
- It can also be done online
- You can have an Scottish Company for £ 120, with 1 year Registered Office Service!
- Favorable tax conditions
- First tax liability after 21 months (12 + 9 months)
- The company does not include VAT upon foundation !!! (up to £ 85,000 revenue)
- Competitive advantage over other UK companies (VAT exemption allows you to enter the market cheaper so you have a chance to catch up)
- 20% VAT
- Scottish companies are accepted / recognized everywhere (see Kickstarter for example, where you cannot register with a Hungarian company)
- Business friendly environment
- Making businesses more transparent and simpler (No bureaucracy)
- There is no strict accounting requirement (even a checkered paper can be issued)
- After 10 years you will be entitled to a basic Scottish pension
- £ 0 account management fee for Scottish banks for the first 1 to 1.5 years
- International networking opportunities
So, starting a business in Scotland in just a day – its possible with us!
Steps of Company Formation:
1) Select company name: If you have a clear idea of the name of your business, it is imperative that you check to see if it is a pre-booked name. If it is unavailable or there are other obstacles to choosing a name (some words and phrases can only be included for a special fee), then other options are worth considering. You can even start the process right away by filling out and submitting a company name check form on our website. Our company will conduct a review in the shortest possible time and let you know if the selected company name is free.
2) Filling out the application form: Fill out our company formation application form online and send it to us! The identity of the director and the ownership structure are already required, as both the personal details of the members of the company and the area of activity essential to the operation are recorded. In addition to the already accepted company name, you must also make a statement about your equity and registered office in England. If approved by the Scottish Court of Registration through our intervention, the company will receive a company registration number and will be registered with the authority.
3) Submit Certificate: As soon as the company court has completed the registration of the company, we will send the company registration documents in PDF or hard copy if the company registration package contains it or if the customer requests so. At the same time as sending the certificate, we will send you our country brochure and useful tips and addresses that the company will most likely need in your lifetime.
4) Upon receipt of the documents: It is a good idea for the company to open its own corporate bank account to get started as soon as possible. Important information is that you do not need a permanent address in the island country, and you have the opportunity to open a business bank account as a workaround with an online bank or possibly in another country. The last condition is to obtain an internationally certified company statement, which our agency provides to its clients as an additional service. The certified company statement is valid for 30 days and two weeks before it arrives, so you may want to adjust your bank account opening date to that date.
5) Accounting: After registration, the company court and we will notify the British tax office of the formation of the company. Within a few weeks (approximately 2-4 weeks), you will receive from the tax office the UTR number used for corporation tax returns. If you need other tax types for your business to work properly, you can do so at the same time as or after your listing. We are thinking of PAYE registration (employer registration), which is required in the following cases: if you want to employ an employee or you, as a director, want to pay monthly. If you estimate that your company revenue will be in excess of £ 85,000 a year or you need an EU tax number, you should also apply for VAT registration.
The most common forms of business in the UK:
- Self Employed: This is the name of a sole proprietor in England. The Scottish Government created this form of business primarily as a form of legalizing income from possible “hobby” activities carried out by people in their main job. However, there is no doubt that many people use it as a full-time job.
- Limited partnership (LP): at least one business with and without members, where the parties have different rights. While the member may be involved in the management of the company and be responsible for contracting, the member may not act on behalf of the company and shall be liable only to the extent of its invested assets for corporate matters.
- Limited liability partnership (LLP): the business must have a minimum of two employees. LLP members are not only responsible for filing tax returns, they are also responsible for the annual report and for VAT registration. They have a proportionate share of the profits invested in the profits, but are only required to take responsibility for the affairs of the company to the extent of their equity interest in the company.
- Private Limited Company (LTD, Limited): can be established with one member or more. Operated solely by the appointment of a director, Ltd members receive a share of the proceeds of their financial contribution, however, they may only be liable for their assets invested in the company.
- Public Limited Company (PLC): If you want a company with a prestigious profile, greater access to capital and advertising and selling shares to the public, Public Limited Company is the right choice for you.
- Limited by Guarantee (LBG): The guarantee-based company is used by companies that do not qualify for dividend payments to owners. This type of company is used by associations or charities, where becoming a non-profit company and becoming a social partner are the primary goals.
English and Scottish Company for sale: Here
What you need to know about Scottish companies?
At the end of each tax year, companies operating in the United Kingdom are required to make a statement in the company bulletin with details of the company and the director, as well as their registered capital. The documentation must be submitted to the Scottish Court of Registration, even if no changes have been made to the company within one year. In addition, an Annual Account statement is required for annual results. Corporate tax returns are also required and must be filed with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). This means that an Scottish company must file at least 4 mandatory tax returns per year:
- Confirmation Statement
- Annual Account
- Corporation Tax (CT600)
- Self Assessment
So, when you start a business, it’s worth buying the accounting package that already contains these returns. This can avoid a lot of burden and hassle at the outset. Our company offers these declarations to its clients as a bookkeeping package for “Sleeping” companies.
What happens after the company is founded?
As soon as the company court registers the company, the same day we will send you the company documents and the certificates that are included in the ordered company formation package. After that, we call our clients for consultation, where we reconcile the data (no typing error, etc.) and discuss any remaining issues.
We present our Start Folder for the company, which provides useful help and guidance for the operation of the company.
After receiving the incorporation documents, the company must start:
A bank account opening
Recommended Scottish Banks:
Note: If you want to make it easier to open a corporate bank account, it is a good idea to open your own private account at the bank of your choice. If you already have a private bank account with the bank you choose, it will be easier for the bank to open a bank account for the company as it is already a “check” known customer. In a nutshell: This will prepare the ground for opening a company account.
So it is necessary to have:
- 2 personal identification documents
- Address identification
- Business Letterhead for business information
- Documents proving the registration of the company
- Phone number
- Description of the company’s activities – Business Plan
- Start of business operation, annual expected turnover
- Personal details of the Director (s)
After a personal interview with the Corporate Banking Manager, there is a chance that he or she will forward the material to the Central Corporate Banking Management, who may have further questions.
The decision is expected to take at least two weeks from now.
So, having the ID documents, company documents and other documentation is the key to a personal meeting!
You want to see an entrepreneurial citizen living and working in England who envisions his business here, with his partners here, who radiates confidence, who can convince him to start a viable business who is perfectly aware of his company’s full profile, plans, vision, and you can communicate with them.
The bank, especially for corporate bank account openings, is extremely cautious, suspicious, and characterized by a regulatory rather than a service-oriented approach, although it is extremely willing, polite and cooperative. So the criteria are given, but whether or not to open a bank account is definitely a subjective decision of the bank.
In the event of a positive outcome of the personal consultation, an Scottish bank account with a line code and account ID will be opened for the company. Outside of England, you will be able to transfer this account by requesting your SWIFT and IBAN ID numbers as well.
Only the administrator can dispose of the account at all times and cannot assign any third party. Your bank account comes with a card, a code to transfer money, and a gadget. (this is a tool to start a deposit) The card must be activated on arrival at a vending machine here.
Where a company has more than one director, each director shall be present at the opening of the account.
Money: We may need to deposit money into our account as soon as it is opened. This can range from £ 25 up to £ 100, so it’s a good idea to get started. There are some that ask the bank, some that don’t, but it’s good to know.
More to do:
- To figure out the colors and the image of the company
- Select a business phone number
- Design and production of company logo and business card, letterhead
- Creating a slogan
- Domain name selection, reservation
- Creating a business website and business email addresses
- Creating Social Pages
- Preparation of company stamp design
- Invoice template design (manual and online versions)
- Find free ad spaces
- Finding paid ad slots
- Preparing a business plan (for the first 5 years)
- Preparation of marketing plan
- Preparation of financial plan
- Design and production of leaflets and marketing materials
- Figure out the company music (what music or melody will identify the company)
- Company banners, company videos (with selected music background)
- Choosing an office and its equipment
- Privacy Registration & GDPR Regulation Preparation
- Obtaining the necessary operating licenses
- Introduction of the company and its activities into the “public awareness” (familiarization with family members, friends, acquaintances, old colleagues, etc.)
- Finding business partners
- Select an accounting package
- Start trading
Why choose us if you are planning to start a business in the country?
- Because we are experts in starting a company
- Because by phone, Skype, email or in-person, you can get a complete picture of company formation and regulations in a short space of time.
- Because the process can be started in our office or starting a company on our website can be faster. This way, we make it easier to start a company.
- Because we have other useful ancillary services available, such as the Home Service and full accounting, payroll.
- Because we help you open a bank account
- Because we are experts in accounting
- Because we make accounting easier
- Because we provide our own billing software
- Because we pay attention to deadlines
- Because we always pay attention to bills
- Because we optimize billing on a quarterly basis
- Because we have flexible and interoperable accounting packages
- Because we know what companies need:
- Because we give you a guarantee to start a business
– We provide headquarters in Edinburgh
– We provide domain registration
– We provide your own email address
– We provide hosting service
– We provide website creation
– We provide the Web Applications (IOS & Android)
– We provide search engine optimization
– We provide an advertising space in our own online newspaper
– We provide ad management on Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Bing
- Because we provide borrowing opportunities for start-ups as well
- Because we have supervised sales companies
- Because our additional services are unique in the market
- Because we are 6 different speak languages
- Because we are currently establishing companies in 13 countries
- Because we have been dealing with accounting since 1999
- Because we have been starting a company since 2013
- Because in 2018 our company has been selected by the IFCFA Association as a prominent member.
- Because we offer our customers a variety of payment solutions, from which they can choose the most convenient, the simplest: billing with PayPal or credit card, bank transfer, or cash in our office. The company formation process can be started immediately after registration on the website and data reconciliation.
The United Kingdom is waiting for you! – get started in Scottish company formation,
and ask for help with any business matters! We look forward to to hear from you at any of our contacts!
Phone: +44 (0) 1357 – 340 – 000;
Email: info @ symfalogic.com
Skype: Symfalogic Corporation
Got a question? Fill out the form below: